My name is Laura and I love numbers.
I play with budgets for fun. I love working with numbers and spreadsheets.
Laura Marks, Number geek, Owner of Homestead Bookkeeping
I have worked as:
• College Cashier and A/P & Payroll Assistant at a local liberal-arts college
• Budget and Billing Clerk for the Facilities department at a regional bank
• Bookkeeper at a local landscaping company
• Office Manager and Bookkeeper at a local synagogue
• I’ve been my family’s CFO for 20 years
I am overeducated:
• I have a BA from New College of Florida
• I have an MSc from the University of California at Davis.
• I took Accounting Fundamentals at STCC.
• I have taken the Intermediate QuickBooks series via Elms College.
• I am a member of the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (soon to be Certified).
• I am a Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor (6/18).
• 2018-19 Treasurer and Member of Board of Directors, Congregation Sons of Zion, Holyoke, MA
In short, my life is filled with bookkeeping and accounting tasks, and I love it!
In fact, I find working with my clients so fulfilling that I decided to deepen my business relationships with them by offering profitability and growth advisory services.
Accounting and bookkeeping work is very important, because without the reports they generate, you can’t file taxes.
Those reports can also be used to help analyze your business and find where improvements can be made.
Bookkeeping. Tax organization. Dedicated and reliable. Trusted business adviser. Companion on the path to your goals.
Get to know Homestead!